hey guys, so im having one eventful summer. i can now officially say that i've had one serious mental breakdown in my life. i got sick last wednesday and asked justin to drive my car down to sd since they were planning on going down for rolando's bbq. so i've been at home in san diego..still sick. i went to the er last sunday because seriously wtf, why am i still having a fever. i take tylenol every four hours, i drink liquids a lot, and this fever wont budge, and i got the best of me. many of you know how paranoid i am when it comes to my health. so i dont know if i was just being paranoid or whatever but i couldnt breathe saturday night. i didnt want to wake up my mom coz i thought i was having an anxiety attack. so luckily my bro is still up and i ask him to check my vitals. my bp is normal, my heart and lungs sound normal, just my heart rate is high..as if im jogging. but he helps me relax and i finally finally go to sleep. but before heading back to irvine i wanted to get check so off we go to er and everything is fine. but i still have a fever. so joseph comes over to hang out with me before i have to leave and im weak as fuck. so my mom and dad are going to drop me off since i cant drive...but then i ask to just leave monday morning. and when my mom said that its better we drop you off so you dont have to drive...i crack.
i fucking seriously and honestly cracked. i started crying a waterfall right then and there and i couldnt stop. and my parents were so worried and kept saying whats wrong, what happened. i couldnt even speak because i was crying soooooo hard. and when my mom started raising her voice asking heidi whats wrong? i mustered all i could to say "im tired." and thats it. i just cried and cried and cried. keep in mind i NEVER cry and NEVER have shown this type of emotion to my parents. it was so bad that i couldnt breathe well and my body started to numb. i sorta just fell onto my bed and cried.
i'd tell you all what happened next but its just too long and embarrassing of a story. all i could leave you with is that im not taking summer session 2 right now because my parents have concluded i need a break. i mean ive never had a summer during my college career..never. aannnd, they dont want me to finish in december but just to ride out the whole 5th year. aaannnd they made me take a leave of absence from my internship program at hoag till i return in september.
so here i am, at home finally having some sort of a break. but ive been too weak to do anything. my appetite has been gone for awhile and i try to force feed myself but i just feel like throwing up. my fever is gone, but sometimes at night i get a low fever. ive been able to eat a little here and there and my energy is slowly coming back. ive been doing nothing but just trying to relax. my mom thinks im depressed, and sometimes i think shes right. sometimes i think shes wrong. idk. ive been falling asleep in my backyard because i get nauseous and tired of being inside my room all day for almost a week. and aiko has been my best friend. she falls asleep on my lap. my mom took a picture of us earlier in the week before my mental breakdown. ill post it up sometime later.
i wasnt going to share this but then i didnt want to have to explain this story more than once. so basically all my shit is still in vdc. i dont even want to think about paying august rent coz it will just stress me. but anyways, theres one hell of an update for you. and im ok, so dont worry. but my sister did come up to me after my parents left my room that night...she asked " do you miss sylvia or stef or something?" and i asked her why she asked me that, and she said because joseph told her that i told him being in college is different when your peers..the ones that know you best, arent around to pick you up or relate to you. and shes right. even though theres a few of us still around, i dont live with them. and its different.
but whatever, im tired. HA!
9 comments:
Well I'm glad your feeling better.
Try to enjoy the rest of this well deserved summer.
Everything will fall into place, just enjoy the ride.
You should take up painting again. You must have a lot to express onto a piece of canvas or paper.
-Your Invisible Friend. jAznMan.
dang homeslice,
i'm not gonna try to say I know what you mean because I never went to school w/o living with everybody else and I can't imagine what doing all the stuff you are doing is like. but seriously, you have to realize that you are only human. we all need breaks. if you are super unhealthy and not feeling right, then everything else doesn't matter. you can't go to school or work if you are in the hospital, so just give yourself a little down time. relax with joseph and everybody then come back strong in the fall
much love =)
-dson
definitely a well deserved break. we can smoke some humboldt snow to relax when i get back down in september. cya soon!
yeah, just relax babygirl. you've worked hard and a vacation is much needed. rest up and enjoy your summer. smoke a fat one, maybe it'll make you feel a lot better!!
haha i love how darrick and kim are both telling you to get high. like that will magically fix everything... fuckin potheads.
anywhos... reading this made me sad, because i dno. i think you are not taking any time for yourself. i think you've forgotten how to just relax and let it all go. i wish i were there with you so that i could take you driving around and buy you things to eat haha. i guess that's joseph's job though... make sure he's buying you lots of edibles!
or i wish you were here. then you can wander the nightmarkets of taiwan with me and i can buy you things to eat. i hope you are okay.
i hope you know you don't have to stress about anything related to your friends, because we are all there for you and no matter what we understand.
and try not to stress about school or your future because honestly we're all fucked. no one really knows what we're going to do. we're just kinda drifting along, and knowing everyone, i'm not worried about us. we'll all figure something out. and some of us might take longer than others to figure out exactly what we'll do with ourselves, and that's just fine.
i know how frustrating it must be to not know what the fuck is wrong, and why you're feeling so down and weird and oogy.... all i can say is that i love you and i miss you and i hope you feel better soon. :]
<3, your smelly friend
heeidi,
i feel bad that you went through that. i guess it's just your body telling you that you need a break. i'm glad that you feel better though. it's hard to read that you got so sick, but i'm glad that you decided to share it with us. take it easy homeslice. you need time for yourself now. enjoy the rest of your summer to get ready to make 5th year eeeezy :)
I love you Heidi! Through out the whole year of living with you, I learned a lot from you. You should know that you work really hard and everyone knows that. I think sometimes you think you're behind, but seriously look at how much you've done in ONE year! I'm proud of you as is everyone else, I'm sure. Have a great relaxing break and I will go see you soon! :) Stay cool, calm, and crazy (fun crazy!) Stay strong Love!
mmmmmmmm my Heidi.... I miss your face, I'm glad you're getting time to relax and do as you please. Mmm go on a swing for me and just have a nice end of summmmmer. I remember those nights you were stressed, and I think you have been long overdue for a nice break. Don't push yourself too hard love, you should go find a fun book to read too :]. I love you girl.
=/ I'm sorry to hear that. I really hope you're feeling much better physically and mentally. What everyone said is so true. We all love you. You've accomplished so much and have worked very hard to get to where you are now. I know you have the strength and drive to finish strong so rest up and when u go back to school, beat that pony down. I don't know why I used pony but I'm keeping it there. btw..try smiling or laughing more. I guarantee, it'll make you feel better..especially if there's a reason why you're smiling and/or laughing. besides, laughter helps you live longer. I can't guarantee that but it's a nice thing to hope for, no? and comon..who doesn't like to laugh?
relax, =D, study smart
<3
JK
p.s
If you don't feel better after smiling/laughing (which I doubt) then I'll make u feel better
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.