...but I'm changing gears again and am actually considering the Teach for America program. And although I've told so many of you that teaching English in Japan is a dream of mine, due to all-too- obvious financial constraints, it is just that, a dream.
Yesterday afternoon I went to talk to my sister's old coworker (now President at her old firm) and he gave me some insight on going to grad school for urban planning/public policy: consider Teach for America. It's a teaching program for underprivileged kids all across America. He told me that that's where he got started after college and hell, now he's the President of a company and the proud owner of a Master's Degree in Public Policy. What other evidence do I need? If only things were so simple.
Any thoughts?
Maybe I'm just crazy....
Posted by
Unknown
on Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Labels:
migration,
Urban Planning
4 comments:
I APPROVE.
go for it man, it sounds exciting and we're young. try something new =)
haha.. dloa.. if only things were SO simple.. gluck with your endeavors man.. don't do it for the wrong reasons though
you should do it... teach in boston.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.