Post-grad life. D'oh

First of all, I'm going to introduce some silliness to this blog by saying that the feed the fish thing is totally AWESOME! I wish food just popped up randomly instead of me having to throw down for it. Those fish have it made!

Anyways, I must reiterate everybody's sentiments: I miss you guys. There's really nothing like watching a good (or terrible movie) with Wendy, asking Justin "are you going to eat that?," playing NBA 2k9 and the circle game with J, quarreling with Darrick over stupid stuff, watching Shane drink enough to make him speak like there's no tomorrow, pick on Liz for everything and have her get mad at me, enjoy a good laugh about something silly with Heidi, "girly-talk" with Sylvia (and encountering the subsequent crazy-animated Sylvia, who asks questions faster than I can think of answers to them), making fun of Jason because of his face (for no reason, I may add), opening Devin's room door and telling him how much the Lakers suck, reminding Dolfo of how wasted he was in Vegas, Simpson-talking with Mindy, or sharing Kean's coffee and Susiecakes with Stef (typically 2-3 days before a test).

Those are all the things I miss and more. I could make a list longer than, say the Bible, but I don't want everybody to be scared away about how long this post is.

Life is much slower and much more cramped. Don't get me wrong, free food, lodging, and gas is awesome, but not the same. I've barely started unpacking clothes because I finally cleared out some of my sisters' clothes (neither of which currently resides at my house, ironically) and have been living out of backpacks, duffels, and a box for the last two weeks. It's really hard to get back to living in the city because I'm definitely nowhere as close to my HS friends than I am to each and every one of you and it's just a totally different life.

And it doesn't help that I also bored out of my mind while simultaneously being worried about what I'm going to do in the future. This is me at the moment:


(Note: This picture is an exact representation. I've grown bald and yellow and only wear polo shirts like justin.)

Life is really hard, but I know I just have to push through the adjustment window. And I know that it's the same way for everybody. We may not be going through the same situation, but I know we are all having to adjust to new circumstances and changing situations. I guess I wish that we could be relatively close so that these adjustments weren't that hard. It would help if some of you guys would move up, though. No takers? Eh, I gave it a shot.

Anyways, miss you guys, but I'm glad we have this group blog. Woot.

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

haha i didn't think about the fish til you wrote about it. P.s. Everyone i'm the cute tellow fish at the bottom :] who gets all the food.

Stef said...

i know, isn't the fish AWESOME? i made them!!! :D

anyway, i get you. i feel like i'm just rotting away in shanghai waiting for something to happen... actually something pretty exciting happened today, a complete solar eclipse!! i'll probably write about it later, it was awesome. but i miss you so much and wish you could come visit me!!!

highappy said...

opening the door and telling devin that the lakers suck...AHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

GENIUS.

Dolfeeezy said...

they're all part of the list. things that i miss... haha sorry i thought it was appropriate.

i second the notion of everyone moving to the general greater bay area where everything is within 45 minutes of each other haha

yes the lakers do suck. betta recognize

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.