For no reason in particular I can't sleep right now. I got into bed at 1, rolled around for about 45 minutes, got up, and now it's 4am. The only recurring thoughts going through my mind right now are the zombie stories from World War Z (I highly recommend that book, you won't regret it I swear haha), fantasizing about how the Giant's could get a legit clean up hitter, how the Giant's probably don't get an impact player at the deadline and now we have to succumb to the thought that it was a good run, but no dice on the playoffs, and the occasional warm fuzzy feeling that a really good chill out song comes on when you shuffle your music.
It's a comforting feeling when a song just wraps it's arms around you and immerses you in it's story. Sometimes it's a complex story with multiple layers that unfold in your ears. Sometimes the song is just a song and nothing more.
It's 4:17 right now and I realized I don't have the brain power to write anything great about the song. I feel like I'm selling the song short not putting some thought into how I feel about it. But hey, I did learn something from college. "Language is ambiguous, thoughts are not. You can know how you feel and what you want to express, but you can't always translate that into language."
So I'll leave the song here for ya'll to let it proccess in ya'll minds. I'll say one thing, late night/early morning sitting at my computer with only my desk lamp on having this song play was refreshing and calming.
-Dolfeeezy
5 comments:
don't worry dolfeezy, no matter how late you're up and how lonely you feel cuz everyone else is sleeping, always know that i'm up too. :]]
this song is great for early-mornings too, as i think i've told you before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mcDjtps6I
MAN I LOVE AMEL LARRIEUX AND I LOVE YOU!! We seriously should've had a music sharing/discussion session. lol
dang dolfo! you were up hella past me! i like her too :) hope you get enough rest today!
Lol kim that's cuz I stole her from you and dolfo stole her from me. ET VOILA! ;]
hahaha we can still have our music sharing/discussion session it's not too late!
i love that song stef! good lookin out :) and yes i will be thinking about you being awake when i'm awake at these hours haha
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.